Reporting to the VP, ACM Facility Safety, this position is responsible for providing expertise in PHA facilitation and other PSM knowledge areas. This role is accountable for the development of knowledge, process and systems to improve our PHA data Analytic engine and training courses. Supporting our clients in performing and reviewing Safety Integrity studies is an integral part of the responsibilities of this role.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leading Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) including HAZOP, FMEA, What-If, HAZID and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Determination studies for clients.
- Provide Risk Identification/Data Analysis /Assessment Services.
- Prepare for, facilitate and write reports for PHA (HAZOP, FMEA, What-If, HAZID) studies.
- Prepare for, facilitate and write reports for SIL Assessment and Validation studies.
- Assist in the upgrading or modernizing of client Safeguarding Systems.
- Assist with Process Safety and HSE/Risk Management consulting projects.
- Assist with Safety and Risk Training seminars and presentations.
- Assist with Reliability and Availability analysis of Control and Safety Systems.
- Assist in the delivery of ACM Public and Private Training Courses.
- Assist with training New Facilitators and EITs.
- Responsible for managing any assigned internal technical projects.
- Acts as Quality Control Champion on any assigned projects.
- Acts as subject matter experts for interpreting PHA analytics report and rule sets.
- Acts as technical delivery lead on any assigned Tier 2 Risk Analytic project.
Education, Experience & Skills
Education and Qualifications
- Engineering degree or technologist with experience in engineering or operations.
- 3-5 year’s Experience in facilitating PHA or SIL studies in the Energy sector or Petrochemical is preferred, although ACM will consider engineers who have been members of numerous PHA and SIL review teams, have extensive operations experience and possess a strong desire to learn how to lead such studies.
- Minimum of requires 5 – 10 years of experience in the world of Process Safety
- Management in the oil and gas or petrochemical sector
- Excellent skills in facilitating group meetings.
- Entrepreneurial aptitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Aptitude for innovation.
- Excellent computing and typing skills.
- Experience in reading process and mechanical drawings (PFD, P&ID).
- PHA facilitation experience or extensive participation experience
- Process, mechanical or chemical design experience or extensive operating experience in Oil & Gas or Petrochemical facilities.
- Experience in producing technical reports.
- Able to read and interpret shutdown keys, instrument diagrams etc.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding Systems (i.e. fire & gas, deluge, ESD, SIS).
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management and relevant standards (API, ASME)
- Experience working in a consulting engineering office environment.
- Experience with PHA software (i.e. Pro).
- PHA/HAZOP/SIL Instrumentation Knowledge.
This role will function within a typical office environment for part of the time, with an equal amount spent at various job sites. A significant amount of travel will be required (up to 30%). Workloads will very greatly, with frequent periods of intense activity and tight deadlines.
This job will require significant periods of sedentary work, primarily sitting.
This role has no direct reports