Reporting to the Director, Business Development the Manager BD will assist in identifying, evaluating, negotiating and coordinating sales activities and assisting in the corporate strategic planning process.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identifying, analyzing and making recommendations regarding new and existing business opportunities.
- Conducting customer needs analysis and linking to ACM capabilities.
- Making presentations to prospective clients.
- Maintaining and nurturing strong business relationships with existing clientele.
- Monitoring industry activity related to business development in the areas of PLC, SIS, critical control, high integrity and Safety Control Systems for Oil & Gas and Utility companies.
- Other duties as assigned
- You are very well-experienced, broadly based in oil and gas and business field.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in the field of engineering with a background that includes both business and risk assessment/safety expertise.
- A demonstrated record of success in developing and achieving goals is essential, with the ability to work effectively with corporate decision makers and senior management.
- You must have a strong commitment to the success of ACM Automation, a high energy level, proactive nature, calm disposition and leadership style. The ability to distill complex issues to manageable problems are essential.
- Excellent communication skills applied in an advising, consulting and helping environment.
- Must have excellent contact network.
- Must display the ability to successfully interact with engineers.
- Good analytical / problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning, scheduling, and effective time management skills.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of professional selling including knowledge of the sales process and effective sales strategies.
This role will function within a typical office environment. Workloads will very greatly, with frequent periods of intense activity and tight deadlines.
This job will require significant periods of sedentary work, primarily sitting.
This role has no direct reports