ACM Facility Safety, a division of ACM Automation Inc., is Canada’s leading independent consulting and technology provider in the fields of Process/Functional Safety Management, Risk Assessment and Process Safety Lifecycle services. Over the last 15 years, operating from our head office in Calgary, ACM has helped some of the world’s largest operating and engineering companies become self-sufficient leaders and ambassadors for Functional Safety.
ACM presently requires PSM Engineers/Technologists to expand our team of employees who are passionate about process safety, exhibit attention to detail and provide excellence in project delivery.
Our ideal candidate is an Engineer or Technologist who has demonstrated leadership in PHA (HAZOP, FMEA, What-If, HAZID). You have 3 – 10 years of experience in the world of Process Safety Management in the Oil and Gas sector (petrochemical, gas, pipeline, heavy oil, fertilizer, mining, utilities). Technical facilitation experience in other areas such as Reliability Centered Maintenance is also acceptable.
You have demonstrated a passion for process/functional safety and are keen to elevate your career in Process Hazard Analysis through innovation and a mind set of continuous improvement with a world leader in the rapidly evolving fields of Process/Functional Safety.
- Ability to develop strong Facilitation skills.
- Self-motivated, strong leadership and organization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. (English)
- Ability to interface with a diverse customer base.
- Results driven and customer focused.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
We want a person who can drive results while fostering strong relationships with clients, regulatory bodies and industry leaders. Ultimately, if you are innovative, passionate about process safety, a trustworthy mentor and a reliable leader you have the character, motivation and capabilities we need.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading PHA (HAZOP, FMEA, What-If, HAZID) and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Determination studies for clients.
- Provide Risk Identification/Assessment Services
- Prepare for, facilitate and write reports for PHA (HAZOP, FMEA, What-If, HAZID) studies.
- Prepare for, facilitate and write reports for SIL Assessment and Validation studies.
- Assist in the upgrading or modernizing of client Safeguarding Systems.
- Assist with Process Safety and HSE/Risk Management consulting projects.
- Assist with Safety and Risk Training seminars and presentations.
- Assist with Reliability and Availability analysis of Control and Safety Systems.
- Assisting in the Development and delivery of ACM Training Courses.
- Assist the Senior PHA Facilitator in mentoring and guiding the more junior team members.
Education and Qualification:
- Experience in reading process and mechanical drawings (PFD, P&ID).
- PHA facilitation experience or extensive participation experience with a passion to learn.
- Process, mechanical or chemical design experience or extensive operating experience in Oil & Gas facilities.
- Experience in producing technical reports.
- Able to read and interpret shutdown keys, instrument diagrams, etc.
(*) Additional experience – would be beneficial but not a requirement
- (*) Knowledge of Safeguarding Systems (i.e. fire & gas, deluge, ESD, SIS).
- (*) Knowledge of Process Safety Management.
- (*) Experience working in a consulting engineering office environment.
- (*) Experience with PHA software (i.e.; PHAPro)
ACM’s overall compensation package offers a competitive wage, a comprehensive Benefits Plan with a Group RRSP, a 4 ½ day work week and a refreshing workplace environment.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in ACM Facility Safety and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.