ACM Facility Safety, a division of ACM Automation Inc., is Canada’s leading independent consulting and technology provider in the fields of Process/Functional Safety Management, Risk Assessment and Process Safety Lifecycle services. Over the last 15 years, operating from our head office in Calgary, ACM has helped some of the world’s largest operating and engineering companies become self-sufficient leaders and ambassadors for Functional Safety.
ACM presently requires Intermediate Controls Engineers / Technologists to compliment a team of employees who are passionate about process safety, exhibit attention to detail and provide excellence in project delivery.
Our ideal candidate is an early to mid-career Instrument & Controls professional who has some direct experience working with Safety Instrumented Systems, either through a vendor, EPC firm, owner/operator or perhaps a boutique firm like ACM. You have 3 – 10 years of experience in the world of controls on oil and gas installations. Direct field experience with the installation and commissioning of PLC, DCS and SIS systems would be an asset.
You have demonstrated a passion for process/functional safety and are keen to expand your Controls knowledge with a world leader in the rapidly evolving fields of Process/Functional Safety. If you do not have your TÜV – SIS Functional Safety Engineer accreditation, we will not just help you acquire it but keep you challenged applying it.
We want an engineer or technologist who is self managed and comfortable working with a minimum of direct supervision once you’re clear on your goals. Ultimately, if you are innovative, passionate about process safety, can liaison with clients directly and manage client expectations, you have the character, motivation and capabilities we need.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and analyze control requirements for existing and new facilities (i.e. petrochemical plants, pipelines and utilities).
- Evaluate existing control systems for reliability, availability, life cycle, testing procedures, maintenance and operating procedures.
- Analyze specifications for safety and control systems; produce block diagrams; propose control systems & instrument bus architectures; incorporate review comments into design requirements.
- Manage project planning, execution, installation, commissioning and system validation.
- Complete and report on SIL Determination and Validation Studies, Safety Requirements Specifications and Contingency table development.
- Evaluate control and safety system alternatives; prepare preliminary cost estimates; prepare reports with recommendations.
Education and Qualification:
- Engineering degree or Engineering Technologist diploma with I & C background.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in control systems.
- Procedure writing skills.
- Narrative writing skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work in an office environment and at remote sites.
- Entrepreneurial aptitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and oral), proactive, organized, self motivated.
- Long term career interest.
- Experience in petrochemical, gas, pipeline, heavy oil, fertilizer, mining and utilities.
- Engineering and design experience with control systems & programming (i.e.: DCS, PLC, SIS).
- Hands on experience with operations, maintenance and engineering functions at plant sites.
- Generation of loop drawings, instrument specifications, and cable schedules, etc.
- Experience with HMI programming and data tables.
- Control panels design and control network architecture.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Technical writing.
- Experience in development of shutdown keys, instrument index systems and fire & gas systems.
- Vendor experience with ICSTriplex, Triconex and other SIS systems would be an asset.
- Commissioning & start-up of control systems or SIS.
- Participated or facilitated HAZOP, SIL Determination or Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) studies.
Calgary, Alberta, CANADA
Please go to www.acm.ca to submit your cover letter and resume as well as the Self-Evaluation Experience Form to email@example.com
ACM’s overall compensation package offers a competitive wage, a comprehensive Benefits Plan with a Group RRSP, a 4 ½ day work week and a refreshing workplace environment.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in ACM Facility Safety and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.